[pmwiki-devel] PTVs using MarkupExpr, in a Pagelist

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Jan 19 13:48:36 CST 2009

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 12:03:20PM -0500, DaveG wrote:

> Peter Bowers wrote:
> > On this page:
> >
> > 	http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/DebuggingForCookbookAuthors
> >
> > At the very bottom of that page I have documented a modification which I
> > make to pmwiki.php in the MarkupToHTML() function.
> Very useful, thanks. Also, a *lot* of iterations for even a very simple
> page.
>
> It seems like {$$vars} are handled and processed differently to other
> vars.

They are processed differently -- IIRC, in general {$$vars} is intended
to be an "immediate substitution".  In other words, one that is
intended to take place "as soon as it's encountered" -- even before
markup processing begins.

That said, figuring out the correct sequencing of markup variables
has always been tricky.