[pmwiki-devel] how to access MatchCount from pagelist

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Sat Feb 14 03:44:08 CST 2009

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 4:35 PM, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com>wrote:

> > As I understand $PageCount it is a "pseudo variable" available only
> during
> > actual processing of a pagelist.  If you want to access it afterwards to
> print
> > a list of available pages you will find it is blank...
>
> I don't understand "access it afterwards"... how would one
> access {$PageListCount} "after a pagelist"?  Page variable
> substitutions always take place _before_ pagelists are processed.

Within PV markup you are exactly correct.  But if I was writing my own
markup such as (:pagelistnavigator:) that ran after pagelist and placed page
numbers and etc. then it certainly makes sense to have it available "after a
pagelist."  That's what I'm referring to.  If those pseudo-variables are
available after pagelist has finished processing (in another markup
function) then that would be great, but in that case I would need to know
how to access them...

-Peter