[pmwiki-devel] how to access MatchCount from pagelist

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Fri Feb 13 10:06:02 CST 2009

Friday, February 13, 2009, 3:39:41 PM, Patrick wrote:

> FWIW, if I were creating a dynamic link navigation such as
> this I would use a special markup and not try to make a pagelist
> template do the work.

I agree. I have been doing it that way. But the function constructing
the navigation links will need to know how big the pagelist is, and
for that it has to call pagelist. so we running it twice:
for the dynamic nav links and for the actual formatted output.

The question if this double call can be avoided was my original query.

Hans