[pmwiki-devel] how to access MatchCount from pagelist

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Fri Feb 13 00:58:57 CST 2009

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 3:02 AM, DaveG <pmwiki at solidgone.com> wrote:

> Hans wrote:
> > Thursday, February 12, 2009, 9:01:09 PM, Patrick wrote:
> >
> >> ...or, if I'm wrong and it's not really possible to get to the
> matchcount
> >> easily, you can propose modifications to FPLTemplate() for the core.
>  :-)
> >
> > okay, I can't get it to work unless there are some changes.
> > Here is a code proposal. It introduces a PV $PageListCount,
> > which works great in a pagelist template to show the total number of
> > items.
> Doesn't {$PageCount} already do this?

As I understand $PageCount it is a "pseudo variable" available only during
actual processing of a pagelist.  If you want to access it afterwards to
print a list of available pages you will find it is blank...  And, in any
event, it is not even defined until after the count=x..y has been processed,
so it would suffer from the same limitation as $MatchCount...

-Peter