[pmwiki-devel] Php question (chordpro recipe)

Simon nzskiwi at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 16:54:07 CDT 2009

This is a little off topic, but I need a suggestion about some odd behaviour
I am getting when parsing the text within the markup. The problem is
illustrated here http://kiwiwiki.co.nz/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Test/ChordPro (see
the very first example), note there is a lot of debug output to show what is
going on. (source is attached to the page)

The problem is that instead of a a line being blank it seems to contain some
consistent junk characters.
Oddly they don't affect the recipe output (ie they don't display),
but they affect the string length (9) and show when you convert the string
to hex. [-<-:-v-s-p-a-c-e-> Lyric: type=0 "3c3a7673706163653e" len=9]
This only happens when the line is supposed to be empty.

I have eyeballed the recipe to death, not to mention the debugging output,
but being a php newbie I'm wondering if there is something obvious I am
missing?

Any suggestions you could give me would be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance

Simon