[pmwiki-devel] Bug in simple table with align=left

Christian Ridderström christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 09:08:08 CDT 2009

On Mon, 27 Apr 2009, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

>> 	http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/TableProblem1
>
> The behavior of align=left on tables is a part of the HTML
> definition, not PmWiki.  Or were you expecting it to do something
> different?

I was (mistakenly) expecting 'align=left' to just place the table on the
left side and not the floating behaviour. The reason I used it was because
the table above was centered, and I wanted to remove that setting.

After some testing, I noticed that just using 'left' instead of
'align=left' produced the desired result. However, when I tried again, I
could see that using 'asdfasdfa' also works in the sense that it removed
the centered setting...

So this comes down to a user error, perhaps made less easy to detect
because no warning message is shown about me using an incorrect table
attribute. I checked the PmWiki documentation which does indeed contain
what you describe. It's all good then, except that in this case I would
have saved some time if there had been some warning message available.

regards,
Christian

--
Christian Ridderström				Mobile: +46-70 687 39 44