[pmwiki-devel] Slightly OT: Experiences protecting server against attacks

ThomasP pmwiki at sigproc.de
Thu Mar 27 05:54:55 CDT 2008

Hello,

after a recent break-in into my server I'm wondering how I can better
protect my "machine" (a virtual server actually) against this happening
again.

Has anybody made special good experiences with one or another method or
tool that he/she likes to recommend?

At this opportunity the idea of having a centralized blacklist server for
attacking IPs (similar to the spam blacklists, but also with their
disadvantages) came once again to my mind. Would there be an interest/
does it make sense to have something like this realized?

Thomas