[pmwiki-devel] deki wiki

Dominique Faure dominique.faure at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 23:54:46 CDT 2007

On 10/20/07, Michael Smick <michaelbuddy at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I heard of a new open source wiki, called deki wiki.  It is pretty feature rich.  This podcast called the scoble show highlighted it.
>
> http://wiki.mindtouch.com/Deki_Wiki/Deki_Wiki_Features/Complete_Feature_List
>
> I'm not trying to sway anyone to use a new wiki, it's more like pointing out another resource for the way things have been done.  it looks like they use a rich text editor in theirs rather than wiki syntax. They have some other RSS feed stuff and mashup features which seemed interesting.  They have a documented API.
>
> anyway, if there's anything that could be modified from it to use in PmWiki, well now you know about it!
>
> cheers

Interesting, the default skin is not so bad but we are far from
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/Standalone ;)

<<<
Prerequisites

    * Apache 2.0.54
    * MySQL 4.0.24
    * PHP 4.3.10
    * Mono
    * aspell 0.60.2
    * imagemagick -- image manipulation and thumbnail generation
    * pdftohtml 0.36 -- indexing of pdf files for search
    * html2text 1.3.2a  -- indexing of html files for search
    * wv 1.0.2-0.1 -- indexing of Microsoft Word files for search
    * htmldoc -- converts html to pdf for printing
    * links 0.99 -- indexing of html files

Dominique