[pmwiki-devel] (:if date:) page variables quandary

Jon Haupt jhaupt at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 13:58:36 CDT 2007

I am trying to set up a comment box that only appears when the
creation time for the post in question was less than 1 month from the
current date.  The problem is that page variables cannot be used in an
(:if date:) directive.

http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PITS/00975

So, if this bug(?) is here to stay, at least for the time being, I
guess I need a workaround, and I've had a hard time thinking of one.
I thought maybe I could create a custom page variable that would be
true or false depending on if the page was 1 month old or not; but
somehow this has eluded me, I think it has something to do with the
problem that I'd be creating one page variable out of another and
setting it conditionally.  Anybody have any idea what might be an easy
way of doing this?

Jon Haupt