[pmwiki-devel] Versioning and Tagging
kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org
Mon Oct 8 15:25:11 CDT 2007
Would it be possible to add a tagging system to PmWiki, like one has
with cvs and subversion?
1) for a page, any version of that page can have a tag added to it (for
2) when tag=FOO1 is present, then the current action will apply to that
version of the page. For example,
would show the version of the page with the FOO1 tag, and
would would give the print skin showing the version of the page with the
FOO1 tag, and
would apply the new action "somenewaction" to the version of the page
with the FOO1 tag.
3) Tags are unique to a page; if one adds FOO1 to another version of the
page, then the old FOO1 tag will be taken off the original version of
the page it was attached to (similar to the way tagging works in CVS).
4) One should be able to add tags to multiple pages at once, for the
current version of the page. Ideally, one should be able to select the
pages it's added to, but even being able to add a tag to the "whole wiki
as of right now" would be helpful, I think.
5) As with CVS, a given version of a page can have multiple tags on it,
since one will probably want to be able to tag a group of pages with the
same tag, and PageA may have changed, but PageB hasn't changed since the
last tag, but one still wants that version of PageB to have the new tag.
Is this possible? How could it be done?
_--_|\ | Kathryn Andersen <http://www.katspace.com>
/ \ |
\_.--.*/ | GenFicCrit mailing list <http://www.katspace.com/gen_fic_crit/>
------------| Melbourne -> Victoria -> Australia -> Southern Hemisphere
Maranatha! | -> Earth -> Sol -> Milky Way Galaxy -> Universe
More information about the pmwiki-devel