[pmwiki-devel] self install script...

The Editor editor at fast.st
Mon May 21 16:27:13 CDT 2007

On 5/20/07, The Editor <editor at fast.st> wrote:
> I'm working on a very cool farm field installation script with lot's
> of neat possibilities. However, I have one glitch.
>
> After I've create all the folders and pages I need, the script shows a
> success page with a link to the new wiki. If I check all the pages
> everything seems there, and working properly.  When I click the link
> though (a regular href link), it only partially loads the page and
> hangs interminably. If I hit escape and refresh, it pops up
> immediately, fully functional.
>
> I tried adding clearstatcache just before loading the last page with
> the link, but it made no difference.  Is there anything else anyone
> can suggest to explain this problem, or better yet, a solution?
>
> Cheers,
> Dan

Thought I'd post this again, as I still haven't been able to figure it
out. Not even sure how to debug it. But I've figured out this much:

If I create the wiki in one browser, say IE, but don't go to it and
check the folder in windows explorer, everything looks fine. If I open
say Firefox and load the index page, it partially loads and then
hangs, just as when going straight from the setup screen to the wiki
in IE. Hit cancel, and reload, and it pop's right up. Then go back to
IE and click the link to the wiki and it pops up the first time. So it
seems to be a windows or apache problem or something, and not a
problem in the script.

It's almost as if the first time it runs the script it somehow changes
itself so it works the second time around regardless of which browser
reads it. It doesn't seem to be a problem with a POST, SESSION, or
COOKIE, as none of those would affect the second browser trying to
load the page.

Any suggestions what might be causing this, or even how to debug?  If
I can get it working it would be very cool!

Cheers,
Dan