[pmwiki-devel] windows web server...

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Thu May 3 05:32:00 CDT 2007

Wednesday, May 2, 2007, 9:41:46 PM, Neil wrote:

> I would be interested in any feedback for new installs. The XAMPP lite
> site implies that if you use the installer, it makes registry entries
> (ugh!), but if you just unzip, it does not. Sounds like I picked the
> cleaner (zip) approach by chance.

I just tried both XAMP and Abyss. I noticed that both want the html
documents as a subfolder of their installation.
In any case I could not get either to work with my documents in a
different folder. So I gave up and downloaded and installed the latest
WAMP5 package for windows.
This installed smoothly with the installer, has php5, apache and
sqlite. It asked which folder I wanted as root for the html documents,
and runs fine now with the various wiki websites on this machine.
http://www.wampserver.com/en/download.php

I did not install it on  a memory stick though.
Are there any reasons not to use it?

Hans