[pmwiki-devel] ZAPcart question...

Ben Stallings ben at interdependentweb.com
Tue Mar 20 19:04:30 CDT 2007

The Editor wrote:
> However, printing out $_SESSION just
> gives me the session array, and there's no ID in it as far as I can
> tell...

My mistake -- I meant $_COOKIE, specifically $_COOKIE['PHPSESSID'].
That's the cookie that connects a browser session to the proper
$_SESSION variable.  When you work with $_SESSION directly you don't see
the ID.  If you view cookies in your browser you'll see it.

> Couple quick questions.
> 1)  Each user gets assigned a unique session_ide when the visit the site?

No, they get assigned it when you first use $_SESSION.

> 2)  Is there anything that might cause that number to be changed?

Yes, logging out clears it, and then the next use of $_SESSION assigns a
new one.  Besides that I don't know of anything in PmWiki that does it,
but I haven't been watching very closely so I could be wrong!  --Ben