[pmwiki-devel] More ZAP syntax, notation...

The Editor editor at fast.st
Tue Mar 20 13:06:42 CDT 2007

On 3/19/07, The Editor <editor at fast.st> wrote:
> I am thinking about a couple more syntax things, to introduce but
> would like some input...
>
> Text Var Directives
> For one thing, I'd like a way to be able store directives in a hidden
> text variable that could be retrieved onto a page, and then be
> converted back to directives.

As there was not any feedback on this post, I decided to go ahead and
come up with my own conclusion...

So far I'm pretty settled on the {(directive $)} markup for this (I
really like it for the other ZAP markups).  If entered as a ZAP input,
it will be used normally, if a POST input, it will be escaped.  Same
with (: :).  Then I'll add an array of PmWiki directives this markup
will be able to take:  ie.

table, cell, title, pagelist, zapform, etc.

If the first word in the markup matches a directive in the list, ZAP
will automatically convert it back to a directive for PmWiki to
handle.  This gives pretty good security as you have to be able to use
these things anyway (ie edit privileges) to embed them in a text var
via ZAP.  But it makes it easy to do some pretty cool things in ZAP.

Any thoughts?  I'm especially trying to wrap my head around the
security implications--but don't see any right off.

Cheers,
Dan