[pmwiki-devel] PTV bug & Input Forms

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Mar 18 17:40:05 CDT 2007

On Sun, Mar 18, 2007 at 03:01:49PM -0400, The Editor wrote:
> I found what seems to be a bug when using an escaped directive in a ZAPform.
>
> (:input text test "{$:test}" :)
> (:test: (:pagelist group=Snippets:):)
> {$:test}
>
> In the above example, the input form is broken.  See
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/PTVbug.  Is there something here I'm
> missing?

Well, I'm not sure what it is you're trying to achieve.
But in this particular case what is happening is that the
(:pagelist:) directive is being evaluated before the input
directive, and so it's not really working.

To illustrate what is happening -- after performing the
{$:test} substitution, the markup reads:

    (:input text test "(:pagelist group=Snippets&x3a;)" :)

The (:pagelist:) directive is processed next, such that
it tries to find a group named "Snippets&3a;)" and it
returns the results into a div (empty), leaving us with

    (:input text test "<div class='fpltemplate'></div>

Since this isn't a valid (:input:) directive -- there's
no closing ":)", PmWiki just displays this directly.

At any rate, depending on what you're trying to achieve,
this doesn't look like a PmWiki bug to me -- i.e., it's
doing pretty much what I'd expect it to do here.