[pmwiki-devel] Fwd: Cluster & skin integration

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org
Sun Mar 18 15:47:41 CDT 2007

On Sun, Mar 18, 2007 at 01:25:49PM -0400, The Editor wrote:
> On 3/18/07, Hans <design5 at softflow.co.uk> wrote:
> > Sunday, March 18, 2007, 4:01:45 PM, The wrote:
> >
> > I don't see the term "subgroup" is used for Cluster at all, and on the
> > Hg page you use it only when describing link prefixes.
>
> Ah, your right.  We originally referred to them as subgroup page
> variables.  Now they are just page variables.  We do both use a
> function called SplitName however.  How about SplitNamePV( )?
>
> Are we on to a solution yet?

No, that's too confusing, because it doesn't tell us what the function
is for.

What is the function for?

The purpose of this as-yet-unnamed function is to return the name of a
page, the page which is most "fitting", depending on the group that's
passed in to the function, and the name-to-be-looked for that is also
passed in to the function.  The function then goes and searches for
pages, and returns the first "fitting" one that exists.

Localize: To make local; to fix in, or assign to, a definite place

May I therefore suggest "LocalizedPageName" or "LocalizedName" or
"LocalizedPV"?

Kathryn Andersen