[pmwiki-devel] Cluster & skin integration

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sun Mar 18 10:23:51 CDT 2007

Sunday, March 18, 2007, 2:52:26 PM, The wrote:

> And while it is true in no way produces hierarchical pages, the
> "groups" are hierarchical in the sense everything is inheritable
> according to an easily constructed hierarchy.

Inheritance does not imply hierarchy.
Well it may in a patriarchical order of things.
I think you are stretching the term hierarchical to a new meaning,
which is not any longer the one used in programming and operating
systems. And which people expect when looking for group hierarchy,
multi level group support, where one "child" group sits within the
"parent" group.

Hg and Cluster are only addressing  a certain substring name sharing.

> HierarchicalPagenames($group, "SideBar")

I really urge you not to use "hierarchical".
A short name would be sweet as well, as it may have to be repeated
a lot when defining the various PVs for a skin.

Since it is only a function name and not used in PVs or anywhere
on wiki pages, how about "GroupTrail"? Or "AncGroup" ?

Hans