[pmwiki-devel] Cluster & skin integration

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Sun Mar 18 10:00:02 CDT 2007

Sunday, March 18, 2007, 2:23:36 PM, Hans wrote:

> How about ClusteringSubpageName($group, $name) for this function which
> generates the group ancestor pagename?

ClusterGroupName, GroupTrail, ClusterGroupTrail are some other naming
ideas for it. Or SubGroupName:

Foo-Bar-Pop.Page : page name
Foo-Bar-Pop :  group name
Foo-Bar : is a substring, parent group name
Foo : parent-of-parent, granny group, ancestor group of order 2

I think it is helpful to use Ancestor terminology of parent, child,
inheritance etc. always referred to the group.
Going up (to the left) of the string Foo-Bar-Pop from separator to
separator does not imply any sort of hierarchy. Only sharing an
element of the name, and through this fact due to the recipes power
possibly sharing a group ancestor's subpages like SideBar, Attributes
and style pages.

I started to call the various pages which are integrated through the
skin template subpages, like SideBar, PageActions.

Do we call Page-Comments a subpage to Page?
Or better call it a child page?

I love to have a clearer terminology.

Hg uses function hgpagename($group, $name).
This function name is not like all PmWiki function names, which use
CapitalisedNames. I know it is just a convention, but it helps
tremendously.

Well I thought I throw that into the pot...

Hans