[pmwiki-devel] Testing empty string

Jiri Hladůvka / OBUTEX admin at obutex.com
Wed Mar 14 04:51:27 CDT 2007

I'm not php coder but in some other languages NULL is the value
of the variable that is defined but with no initial value. Usually you
can only test the variable for that value.
After assigning some value it is numeric type or string type or date
type etc variable.
The NULL value can be assigned to the variable - in that case you should not
do math operation (for example) with the variable  but you can test it.
"" means a string with the length property 0 characters (empty string) -
you can do string operations with such a variable.

Regards,
Jiri

--
OBUTEX s.r.o