[pmwiki-devel] Revised Hg Release...

The Editor editor at fast.st
Wed Mar 7 14:59:12 CST 2007

Just released an updated version of Hg with the following features:

* A link prefixing option allows you to create virtual wikis in remote subgroups
* When prefixing enabled, configurable code can be used to block
linking out of subgroup
* CleanUrls are now turned off by default--flip one variable and they come on.
* SubGroup/Name Page Variables fixed to show up in pagelists
* Added Cluster's useful "-" shortcuts (for descendents)
* Added a useful hierarchical sidemenu for use in insertable menus,
rightbars, etc.

I decided to not add Cluster's group title system as I find it simpler
to use just text vars connected with the subgroup/name variables, and
it adds a lot of bulky code.  I also did not go with the Clusters
sidebar code (which is needed to make the sidebar variables available
in pagelists), as I couldn't see the use--and it added even more code.
 As a result, even with Prefixing and CleanUrl capabilities added in,
Hg is a significantly slimmer code base (about half the latest
revision of Cluster).

Let me know if anyone notices problems using the prefixing or the
cleanurls, as these did require some fancy footwork.  They seem to be
work beautifully, but have not tested them strenuously yet!

Cheers,
Dan

PS.  I also updated the documentation using much of the info Kathryn
wrote up for Cluster, as both work in many regards very much the same.