[pmwiki-devel] Detecting existence of Trail

Martin Fick mogulguy at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 25 13:31:30 CDT 2007

--- Kathryn Andersen
<kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org> wrote:

> Is there some way that I can detect the existence of
> a trail on a given page?  I know that if I do a
> pagelist where trail=Some.Page and there
> isn't a trail then there won't be any output.  But
> is there some way of creating an (:if condition:)
> that will detect that?

I don't know of any way yet outside of a pl template
to do this, but I think that you can get what you want
by using the pagelist template, see below...

> The reason I want this, is that I want to be able to
> say
>
> if there is a trail on the current page
>         do nothing
> else
>         do this pagelist
> ifend

> (:pagelist group=Books link={*$FullName}
> fmt=#title:)

> Is there some way of doing this?

Try putting your pagelist inside another pagelist
template like this:

(:pagelist trail={$FullName} fmt=#notrail:)

[[#notrail]]
(:template first:)
(:if equal {>$Group}:)
(:pagelist group=Books link={*$FullName}
 fmt=#title:)
[[#notrailend]]

If there is a trail on the current page you should get
nothing from the first pagelist.  If however the trail
is blank, the template should invoke the second
pagelist.

-Martin