[pmwiki-devel] Skin Directives

Danny Kimsey dekimsey at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 13:09:21 CDT 2007

I am currently in the process of creating a skin for my site, and the
original structure of my template had some external html files to be
included as sidebars, headers, and whatnot.  I noticed there are a few
skin specific directives like (file: and wiki:) but neither of these
actually include the specified html and parse it as skin template.
Though I could recreate it as a php file, and hack together some sort
of crude output, that defeats the purpose of having the skin.

What I'd like to be able to do is use the file: directive, or perhaps
create a new one, that will parse the external file like a wiki skin
page.  That is, if I have a sidebar html file, I'd say file:side.html
and have the directive <!--wiki:$Group.SideBar $SiteGroup.SideBar-->
within said file actually get parsed.  Right now said directive, and
any others, only get parsed if the are in the main skin file that
pmwiki reads.

I've looked into the skin.php file to see if I can modify it, but its
a bit frightening looking in there and I'm not sure if I can.  Anyone
have any thoughts that could be helpful on this?

--
--Danny.