[pmwiki-devel] AuthUser farm security

The Editor editor at fast.st
Tue Jan 9 15:03:04 CST 2007

On 12/19/06, marc <gmane at auxbuss.com> wrote:
> Patrick R. Michaud said...
> > On Mon, Dec 18, 2006 at 05:09:45PM -0000, marc wrote:
> > > Patrick R. Michaud said...

> > > I've just got round to testing the session name approach and failed to
> > > get it to work. The wiki has two fields. As the first line of each
> > > local/config.php I added unique session_name() calls. This resulted in
> > > the session cookies containing identical content, despite the different
> > > names.
> >
> > Unfortunately, if one is loading authuser.php from farmconfig.php
> > (or doing anything else that invokes PHP sessions) then calling
> > session_name() from local/config.php occurs too late, because
> > the session_name has to be set prior to any sessions being opened.

I've been studying up on this issue as I'm starting to have several
fields going, and was wondering if a solution was ever developed for
this?  Is it something that could be added relatively easily to one of
the betas in 2.2?

I would much prefer to have one instance of PmWiki to deal with
upgrades...  But I only have one domain and a bunch of forwarded
url's.

Cheers,
Dan