[pmwiki-devel] Mod to exempt some authors from being notified

Thomas Pitschel th.pitschel at gmx.de
Wed Feb 14 07:20:15 CST 2007

Hi all, esp. Patrick,

I have found it quite cumbersome on my private wiki to be notified all the time of the changes I had added myself, and thus wanted them to be supressed.

After some time I figured out an easy way to include this functionality in notify.php, IN A WAY SUCH THAT IT IS TRANSPARENT TO CURRENT USER'S CONFIGURATIONS.

I have written it up in PITS/00867, and would Request For Comment about taking it into the general distribution if people are interested. It should be easy to eye-check the code in 5 mins (especially the correct abuse of MatchPageNames()) - it is already running at my place without any complaint.

Thomas

NB: There are other issues around notifications (e.g. noti on upload), which will need some more effort and are probably not worth it yet.