[pmwiki-devel] markup order for group headers

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Feb 6 16:34:40 CST 2007

On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 04:17:56PM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 10:14:50PM -0000, marc wrote:
> > However, I still have an issue related to this problem, which is that
> > skin template markup (via <!--markup:) in PageHeaderFmt is being
> > processed after PageText.
>
> Because the PageText has the ability to affect the skin display --
> even to the point of choosing an entirely different skin(!) --
> the markup of the PageText has to be processed before the skin
> components.

To extend this a bit further...

> > Is there any way to allow the "natural" order? Currently I'm
> > having to 'force' things in skin.php, which is not ideal.

Why are the markups having to be performed as part of a skin?
Are the markups being processed really skin related, or are they
more related to a particular application?

In other words, I'm wondering if this approach is somehow
trying to use the skin's template as a surrogate for plain old
initialization.