[pmwiki-devel] Announce: pmwiki-social

J. Meijer commentgg at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 30 11:47:49 CDT 2007

Pmwiki friends!We need a pmwiki-social list. That's a start to value our members and our community more. Like what's happening now with Dan isn't his fault, it is a consequence of a community lacking, forcing everything through the semantics of pmwiki-users! Só, _please_, stop treating Dan as some alien. Give him a place. His needs represent the needs of many *contributors*, by being of the unselfish category. Many of them, mostly international, are doomed to burn. What are  we worth when we aren't even allowed, by semantics (and the design of those semantics), to reflect on what we do??  We are people and aren't we more important then pmwiki? So I confront Pm with the (passive) suppression of social interaction. A typical failure on the part of technically oriented people. Again, we need to build more then pmwiki, we need to build a community. Let's be serious about this. A list is only a first step, some kind of Orkut (in probably within pmwiki itself) is sure to follow. Open-source isn't all roses, especially for the international developers, as all credit and ownership flows to english-language users. Not only the code, but also the community itself. Regardless of any opinion on Dan with respect to him responding in _personal_ mode (a God given right if you ask me), he is a phenomenon and has a vision most others tend to hide. Please do not provoke or measure him to whatever standard, as he already lives by them. The very act is therefore provocative, yet you do not seem to understand this. Dan needs to respond in personal mode, there is no intent (there are only motives) to 'hammer' on his part. Hear me calling. /jm