[pmwiki-devel] Quick preg_replace question...

The Editor editor at fast.st
Fri Apr 27 09:29:52 CDT 2007

> Anyway, it may be good before launching another advanced table recipe
> to discuss the markup, to see if it makes sense to others as well.

To be honest I was developing this for myself, but am discovering I
like it a LOT.  And thought it might be nice to share with the
community as another flavor. Of course I would love feedback, and
maybe some clarifiction, as I stole the idea for the syntax but not
much detail from the AdvancedTableDirectivesSimplified recipe.  Anyway
here is the syntax I have working now.

[t border=2 spacing=5]
[r top]
[c] cell one
[c right] cell two
[c bottom] cell three
[r color=blue]
[c] cell 2-2
[c cols=2] cell 2-2
[t]

'center', 'left', 'right', 'top', 'middle', 'bottom', 'color',
'padding', 'rows', 'cols', 'image'
are shortcuts for the more standard syntax which are also allowed.

'align', 'background', 'bgcolor', 'border', 'cellpadding',
'cellspacing', 'width', 'valign', 'colspan', 'rowspan'

To nest a table, simply do this (up to 3 levels):

[t]
[r]
[c]
[c]
  [t]
  [r]
  [c]
  [c]
  [c]
  [r]
  [c]
  [c]
  [c]
  [t]
[c]
[r]
[c]
[c]
[c]
[t]

It works like a charm!  Open to input...

Cheers,
Dan