[pmwiki-devel] Rethinking ZAP Login

The Editor editor at fast.st
Sun Apr 8 08:00:32 CDT 2007

I'm reconsidering how I handle logins in ZAP to keep all the
information on one page, rather than a login page and a profiles page.

My original reason for separating them was to put the emails and
passwords in a read protected group, and then put the more public
profile information elsewhere.

Now that I have passwords encrypted I have one less concern.  However,
with emails, I'd like to have a basic encryption/decryption system
that I could use to obscure these values, and perhaps others. It needs
to be something simple and something I could unencrypt easily enough.
Not anything complex. I was thinking about generating my own
cryptographic pattern, but thought there's got to be something already
out there...  If it was easy to handle, I could do a simple
encode/decode function in ZAP and ZAPmarkup based on an admin set
passcode, and use this for other fields as desired as well.

It would simplify things quite a bit.  I might even use it for passwords

Cheers,
Dan

My idea:  take an admin defined key word like "secret", then scroll
through each letter of the field value, and advance it based on the
position of each letter in the alphabet--the first one 19 for s, 5 for
e, 3 for c, etc.  To decode, reverse the same pattern.  Anything like
that available?