[pmwiki-devel] Stumped on string insertions...

The Editor editor at fast.st
Fri Apr 6 08:08:32 CDT 2007

In working on ZAPcart, I got a bit stumped in trying to make it
significantly more configurable.  Essentially, rather than hardcoding
the order form, I'm moving the sections out to SDV vars.  Like this
for example:

SDV($ZAPorderrows, '<tr><td
nowrap>$itemname&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</td><td><input type=text size=4
name=$itemlabel value=$itemqty
onblur=calculate()>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;at</td><td
align=right>$itemprice&nbsp;&nbsp;</td><td><input type=text size=7
name=$itemlabel value=$itemcost onblur=calculate()
onFocus=blur()></td></tr>');

Then somewhere in the markup for the form I want to be able to do
something like this (within a foreach loop):

$orderrows .= $ZAPorderrows;

However I need to be able to replace the variables like $itemname and
$itemlabel with their current value at that time.  I can't seem to get
the right combination of ' " etc to make this work.  Can someone
suggest something?

I don't want to use eval if possible.

I also tried replacing all the $vars with {vars} and then do

$orderrows .= preg_replace('/\\{(\\w+)\\}/e', "$$1", $ZAPorderrows);

but that didn't sem to work either.  Help?

Cheers,
Dan