[pmwiki-devel] recipe configuration screens: best practice?

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Sat Nov 25 21:21:26 CST 2006

On Nov 24, 2006, at 11:21 AM, ben at interdependentweb.com wrote:

> Hello again, folks.  Development of DataQuery is going slower than I
> had hoped.  Since I'm not forging ahead anyway, I thought I'd take the
> opportunity to get some feedback...
>
> Configuration of queries is looking complex enough that if it were
> done through a variable in the config.php, the array would be at least
> 3 dimensions deep, which is intimidating for novice admins.

Configuring queries in the first place is not something novice admins
should take lightly.

I'm not really understanding because I haven't seen any examples or
documentation, so all of your questions are strictly theory, rather
than seeing anything practical going on.

What do you think the queries will look like?

Would an admin want to give other people access to creating the
queries, or is this something that ONLY the server-side admin would
be likely to use?

Crisses