[pmwiki-devel] Authentication Coding

Mark Sorbello marksorbello at yahoo.com.au
Tue Nov 21 00:38:50 CST 2006

Question:

I want to create some methods in a cookbook recipe which tell me if a user has privileges  to perform a particular action.

----

eg $groupname = "Main" and $level = "edit"

function userHasGroupAccess($groupname, $level){return (boolean)...}

----

eg $groupname = "Main.WikiSandbox " and $level = "admin" or "edit" or "read" etc.

function userHasPageAccess($pagename, $level){return (boolean)...}

The aim is that I want to make sure that my cookbook solution uses existing Authentication and Authorization code.