[pmwiki-devel] Displaying a user's groups

Rodney Morris noctifer1011 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 14:21:39 CST 2006

Hello!

I'm relatively new to pmWiki, but I'm already hooked.  I've run into a
bit of a wall while designing my wiki page and I was hoping someone
with more experience might be able to help.  I checked the archives
and did some poking around in pmwiki.php and authuser.php

I'd like to display a user's security group while they're logged in,
pulled from groups defined in my .htgroup file.

For example, on a menu at the top of the page, I included the
following "welcome message":

* Welcome, {$Author}!

Is there something similar I could do to show what groups they are in?
 For example:

* You are in the {$Groups} usergroups.

The display would be something like:

You are in the Admins Users Authors Editors usergroups.

Is there a solution to this one?

I'm currently using pmWiki v 2.2.0-beta16 with the internal AuthUser
activated.  Obviously, I have config.php set up to point AuthUser to
.htpasswd and .htgroup for authorization validation.

Thanks for any help y'all can throw my way!

Rodney Morris