[pmwiki-devel] [Off topic] [Solved] UpdatePage() and warnings

Petko Yotov 5ko at free.fr
Wed Nov 8 20:16:34 CST 2006

> That's called a "tickler file" in Getting Things Done (a book about

Yes, it is inspired by that great book. I am recommending this one to all my
friends.

> personal productivity).  I'm considering helping out at the gtd-php
> project:
>
> http://www.gtd-php.com/ (which is based on the book)

I looked thoroughly at that project in June-July. Back then GTD-PHP was
single-user, mysql-only, english-only, iso8859-1-only and I didn't like some
of the coding practices (just because any evolution would be too much work),
but their potential is good and I wish them good luck. :-)

I believe PmWiki has infinitely more flexibility (even if a wiki system
requires some learning). With categories, pagelists, page(sections) includes,
Groups, very large markup and style set and attachments PmWiki is several
lengths further. And farms/authentification for individual users. Add the
tens of Cookbook modules, what more could one wish? E-mail2wiki? Comming
soon...

So, thanks again, Pm!!!

What I wish PmWiki had, is a more "advanced" link-list search, like:

	(:pagelist link=Category1,Category2,-Category3:)

which will add much more powerfull ways to sort and retrieve information. But
I didn't have the time yet to look how it is done.

Petko