[pmwiki-devel] page text variables in edit form?

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Sat Nov 4 09:58:34 CST 2006

On Nov 4, 2006, at 9:42 AM, Ben Stallings wrote:

> Crisses wrote:
>> I think that you want Group/PageName{$var}.  If you're getting
>> Group/ PageName from a variable (which is what I'm doing a lot on
>> Site/ LocalTemplates noted above) then the syntax is {{{$Group}/
>> {$PageName}} {$var}} I think.  I haven't tried that one.
>> {*$var} is for use in included pages.
>
> Thanks for the help, Crisses.  It turned out that {*$:var} was the
> correct syntax after all for an EditForm (which behaves like an
> included page, I believe) -- I just had a bug in my recipe!  Sorry
> about that.
>
> DataQuery is working really well now for single tables.  As soon as
> I get it to save changes to records, I'll post an alpha version for
> testing with other databases.  You're gonna love it!  --Ben S.

You bet I am :)

I need to put user management in for admins -- for the stand-alone
version of AuthUserDBase.  I'm guessing this will be helpful?  i.e.:
List all users.  Let the admin drill down to a user's database
entry.  Allow the admin to make changes to some fields, or *maybe*
assign the user a new password (which would require encryption before
being saved to the database, however -- will that be able to be
readily accounted for?).

I have 2 sites that I require this functionality for in-house, but I
also have a client who wants nearly an identical site to what I need
to do for my own 2 sites.  So I'm essentially going to be at least
partially paid for things I was going to be doing anyway.  Best of
all worlds.  (I'm not charging her full development fees because I'm
choosing to use PmWiki instead of, say, xoops, Joomla! or Drupal --
all of which probably would require me to do custom programming
anyway, so I might as well do it in PmWiki).

P.S. I need to stop eating halloween candy over my keyboard ;)

Crisses