[pmwiki-devel] Page approvals

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Sat Nov 4 08:02:50 CST 2006

I'm going to be creating a pretty extensive CMS application.  What I
need is a method for the admin to approve pages, at least for certain
sections/groups of the wiki.

Examples:
Calendar events approvals
Photo gallery approvals

I'd like suggestions on how to go about this.  For example,
everything on the site must have a page attribute variable that
declares it approved, and the default for these groups is false --
then it's a matter of allowing the admin to view a pagelist of things
with the unapproved flag, and creating a link next to the list items
that marks items approved...no one but the admin would be able to
view these items.

Or the attr for read is set to @admin and the id of the user who
created them (so they may edit it before approval) for these group
items AFTER they're created -- but then you can't simply pagelist all
unapproved items for the admin, so the flag is a nice item for ease
of site administration.

The current calendar plugins list ALL calendar items for a day on a
single wiki page -- I would want users to "own" their events, and be
able to edit the ones they own, and for each discrete item to be
approved on its own.  This might be able to be done if the calendars
accept pagelists -- which would solve another problem I have:  I need
to filter calendar events by region (county, town), as well as list
ALL events that are currently approved.

So, I'd like ideas on how to set up PmWiki for page approvals by the
admin (or a group of moderators) :)

Crisses