[pmwiki-devel] EditTitle problem: How to get the new title from the form input field

nuno bastei toluna at gmx.net
Fri Dec 29 11:18:11 CST 2006

Hello all,

I want to add the 'Edit Title' recipe on my wiki but
have been facing a problem since I started using it.
Using it would ease page editing for people not used to
wiki page formating.

The situation is: The edit page is loaded correctly and
the custom input text field displays the page title as
expected. But when the page is saved, the title isn't
updated at all.

What it should do is: Extract the page title, put it
into a input field, and on save, copy-paste the new
title inside the page text before other functions are
called.

Digging into the script and the appropriate function
*AddTitle*, it seems that the variable $new['title']
isn't taken. The line in question:

	$new['text'] = "(:title " . $new['title'] . ":)\n" .
$new['text'];

I tried to find out how to get the new variable from
the form field. For instance, $_POST['title'], but that
doesn't work either.

So, could somebody tell me what to do to get the
variable? Or any other tip to work around the problem?

Thanks,
Thuan