[pmwiki-devel] Is %right% working the way it should?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Dec 28 10:27:24 CST 2006

On Thu, Dec 28, 2006 at 04:56:01PM +0100, christian.ridderstrom at gmail.com wrote:
> The wiki style %right% seems to be broken on pmwiki.org, see here
> for an example:
> 	http://pmwiki.org/wiki/Test/WikiStyleRight
>
> I don't remember %right% moving the entire item before?

Yes, %right% has always moved entire items.

> Nor do I see why the entire list should be moved as in the case of list
> three.

The %right% wikistyle defaults to

    %define=right apply=block text-align=right%

As such, it applies to entire blocks.  Thus, if %right% is used on the
first item of a list, the entire list is right-aligned.

To apply %right% to just the first item of a list, use %item right%.

> Is %right% broken, or has it's definition been changed on purpose?

The definition of %right% hasn't changed.

> A workaround is doing '%float=right%...%%' instead of '%right%...%%'

Well, this "sorta works" -- on my browser the floating text is
shifted downward from the list items.

I think that what you're wanting to do is to have a list item with
left-aligned text and right-aligned text, and I don't know of a good
way to do this in HTML.