[pmwiki-devel] PmWiki request

Crisses crisses at kinhost.org
Tue Dec 12 19:25:08 CST 2006

On Dec 12, 2006, at 9:24 AM, The Editor wrote:

>> Seems to me that
>>
>>  (:if exists parameter:)(:input hidden action:)(:if:)
>>
>> is only few characters longer but more consistent.  Plus you
>> get complex expressions for free.
>
> Actually this is not equivalent to what I'm wanting to do at all.
> (This was also Hans misunderstanding I believe).  What I want to do
> rather is perform certain ZAP functions AFTER the form submits based
> on the values entered.  It has nothing to do with markup.  So for a
> more basic example I might add these lines to a form (May need to
> change the syntax...):
>
> (:input text newpage :)
> (:input ifexists "newpage|warn:Page already exists":)

Here is my current ZAP dilemma:

One way to stop robots from sending you emails is to add a hidden
field to a form that a spider might fill in (such as "subject" or
"message") expecting that it's part of the email.  However, I don't
WANT any emails with that hidden field filled out -- if that field
has a value, throw out the email.  Stinks from an accessibility point
of view...but...

I'm able to custom program this.  But I don't WANT to.  And this is
one dilemma ZAP should be able to handle IN the form.  Add a
conditional that evaluates AFTER the form is submitted -- if the
field contains contents DO NOT send me the email.

I'm still working on understanding ZAP, and the form does not work,
but this is the situation that ZAP can handle without me writing
custom code every time I want to do something with a form.

I am only enabling ZAP on the specific pages using it, and it does
not seem to interfere with PmWiki.

I wrote up a page, still in progress a bit, about writing up a
Business Directory input system in ZAP. http://pmwiki.org/wiki/
Cookbook/ZAPBusinessDirectory  I'm still waiting for Dan/Caveman to
make more comments on the page but right now my recipe works on a
live site, the directory looks fine, and all that ZAP does in that
recipe is write data pages so I can use PageLists to recall the
data.  ZAP is not displaying the data later, just PmWiki is.

Crisses