[pmwiki-devel] Select & Option Dropdown-list Markup

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Dec 11 13:20:09 CST 2006

On Mon, Dec 11, 2006 at 06:47:17PM -0000, marc wrote:
> Patrick R. Michaud said...
> > I'm still not absolutely certain what to do with textarea markups,
> > so it might not appear in today's release.  However, setting of
> > default values for radio, checkbox, and select inputs will work.
>
> label, fieldset, legend...

Until I understand how these work a little better I don't have
any immediate plans to support them, other than perhaps to
have PmWiki recognize the tags that aren't allowed in paragraphs.

(Hint: if someone wants to explain to me why label/fieldset/legend
are useful or important, that might help.)

This is really where PmWikiPhilosophy #2 comes into play -- the
(:input:) markup in PmWiki isn't intended to do everything that
can be done with forms and input, it's just intended to provide
an interface to generate simple forms from markup.  More complex
forms still deserve custom markup.

Thanks!