[pmwiki-devel] preg dot question...

The Editor editor at fast.st
Fri Dec 8 04:01:53 CST 2006

Thanks again Pm!  That was exactly what I needed!  Now I understand
what was happening with several problems.  Pattern matching is
starting to make sense.

One other more advanced question.  In a markup like [+++ text +++], I
think I can get it to match, but is there are anyway to tell how many
plusses there are?  As in 3 as opposed to 1 or 4?  Also to make sure
there are the same number of +'s at beginning and end?  Or is this
asking too much of regex?

$x = preg_replace(/\[\++(.*?)\++\]/, 'Function($1, $2)', $x);

$1 represents the number of +'s and $2 is the content between the delimiters.

Cheers,
Caveman