[pmwiki-devel] ZAP cookbook, www.zapsite.org

Jiri Hladůvka / OBUTEX admin at obutex.com
Thu Dec 7 11:09:36 CST 2006

As for ZAPforum tutorial and snippets it is better to follow
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/ZAPforum
as I am not authorized to edit zapsite pages and there were some changes
there.
I added some comments to explain the modifications of the datapage commands.

You are right the docs is lacking - a lot of ZAP features  in the
snippets  I made to work
after consulting Caveman "how to do ..." or "why it does not work?"
He allways promptly and willingly responded and sugested a solution
but this is not a way I would be happyto go. Caveman needs his time to spend
more efficiently than to respond questions which could be read in manuals.

But to put down a good teaching instrument ... hard job.
Yesterday I started to study regular expressions (until now I have never
needed it) and
found http://www.regular-expressions.info/quickstart.html
If I could be able to write such a good manual!

Best regards,
Jiri

Crisses napsal(a):
> On Dec 7, 2006, at 3:54 AM, Christophe David wrote:
>
> ...  But changing things from where Jiri started will be
> harder, because I'd be playing monkey-see, monkey-do with my current
> knowledge of ZAP -- a straight cut & paste job.  Right now I change
> things and they just break.
>
> example:
> http://www.fast.st/zap/pmwiki.php?n=Docs.DataPage
> it says the directive is:
>
> (:input type datapage* "<Group>.<Name>":)
>
> but Jiri's forum has it without the asterisk after datapage.
>
> Neither the ZAP documentation nor Jiri's tutorial tell me anything
> about this directive that I find extensible.  The documentation page
> doesn't explain the * -- and Jiri doesn't say why it's not there.
> The documentation doesn't give examples of this from real use.
>
> When I do finally understand, I hope I can help improve the
> documentation.

OBUTEX s.r.o
Ing.Jiří Hladůvka
Zlatovská 22