[pmwiki-announce] pmwiki-2.0.devel26 released
Patrick R. Michaud
Sun Nov 14 14:17:02 EST 2004
[Because of the listserv problems we've had this week I'm resending
this announcement to test the listserv. Apologies if anyone is
receiving it twice. --Pm]
This is just a brief message to bring people up to date with the
latest happenings in PmWiki 2.0 development. I've just released
pmwiki-2.0.devel26, which has more improved support for site
conversion and (except for documentation) is getting quite close
to being an official release. The latest version is running
Also, many thanks to Knut Alboldt, Pierre Rouzeau, and Karl Loncarek
for their contributions to creating/editing the PmWiki 2 documentation
Some highlights of the recent devel releases:
* RSS and RDF support are now in the 2.0.devel distribution
* The 1.0->2.0 migration script has been greatly improved:
- it's now much easier to configure and use
- it provides a function to allow bulk copying and conversion of
pages from an existing 1.x site to be stored in a 2.0 installation
and use 2.0 markup
* The refcount.php script is again available. What's more, it's much
faster than the 1.0 version.
* The url approval feature (scripts/urlapprove.php) can now be password
* Handling of non-ASCII characters in urls and attachment filenames is
* The EditQuickReference in page edit forms is back (although I'd be
very happy if someone could come up with a better design for it).
Soon I expect to be converting the main pmwiki.org site to be running
2.0, and to officially recommend that new installations choose the 2.0
versions over 1.x.
Any help in reporting and fixing bugs in PITS (http://www.pmwiki.org/PITS),
providing feedback or suggestions or voting on the issues listed there, or
especially in contributing to documentation is greatly appreciated.
More information about the pmwiki-announce